February 11, 2009

An Ah Huh Moment!!!


My son receives what's called a "Wednesday Express" each week from school, basically it is a news letter that tells what is going on at school, dates of activities, etc. There is always notes from the principal and this weeks notes was really good and really made me think and I just wanted to share it with all my fellow bloggers. So here is what she (Mrs. Coats) had to say: On "Relationships... Family members don't trust you; former friends avoid you; neighbors and acquaintances are openly hostile? Sounds like your relationships are in the red. Don't get it? Think of relationships as a bank account.

Every time you meet someone you open an account.

Deposits like keeping promises, doing small acts of kindness, smiling, or giving compliments improve relationships.

Withdrawals like setting false expectations, breaking promises, being rude, or lying damage them. How can you build a strong relationship or repair a broken one? Simple--one deposit at a time.


So, I'm off to the bank of life to make a few DEPOSITS!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is really great advice!! I'm sending out several RAOK tomorrow to start my deposits!!!

    ReplyDelete